Sunday, January 18, 2015

I Should Be Working On Other Things

Hi.

One of my New Year's Resolutions is to have a solid group of work I can use as a portfolio, including both 2D and 3D stuff. That's all well and good, but I need to actually finish something to make it happen. So I should be working on other things. I just drew some sketches today and thought I'd share with you. I may have to start a rule for myself where I can't post UNLESS I also have a finished piece to show. I hope it doesn't come to that! But that's actually a good rule. Maybe that's how it's gonna be? It's not like I shouldn't be finishing something every week. URGH.
Okay, I need to go draw/paint now.

Up first is some stuff for my head rendering class. I was glad they actually looked Asian. Success.


Next I have some jumping guys.


(This next one has some tangents but I was too lazy to fix it in Photoshop. I mean, just look at where his hand hits his foot! Jeepers)


Then I have some floating people.


Harry Potter fan art? I never thought I'd see the day! SHEESH. A Voldemort!


Then the rest of the stuff. Whatever.


6 comments:

  1. Dude, those faces are impressive! Way to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Thomas. A face like that runs almost exactly at 20 minutes a pop. Good deal.

      Delete
  2. You failed to mention that the Voldemort was upon MY request. He looks nice and freaky, like someone who should definitely not be named. And I'm REALLY proud of your Asian faces! They look so so good. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention that you had any part to play in Voldemort because you didn't even recognize the Dark Lord's noble features when gazing upon his fearsome visage. I was sad!

      And thanks! I agree, they turned out well. I just need to keep doing that sort of thing!

      Delete
  3. I too am impressed with the faces. Good job!
    I am a little perplexed by the floating banana though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I think the banana is so perplexing because it's angled downward. It just doesn't seem right for a banana to float in space and do that. It is quite disturbing.

      Delete