Sunday, August 11, 2013

BONUS: Maya revival

I haven't touched Maya since Fall 2012.
Today was the day I downloaded Maya again and tried to pull that info out of my skull.
It was a long time ago... And the image shows it!

It was a huge pain in the butt! As I was going stuff was coming back to me. I think the texture is 256x256, the object is far too complicated geometrically than it needs to be and I literally just blorped paint over an auto uv-mapped texture. 
So it's ugly.
But even now, my brain is remembering things and realizing where I made things complicated and where I can improve. I did this without consulting any videos or tutorials. I think this isn't bad for over a year later and about an hour and a half.

(Edit at 7:23 P.M. So yeah, it was less than a year ago. That was slightly dramatic. But it's been awhile, okay?)

(Edit at 8:19 P.M. After an hour of painting a much higher quality texture I'm still frustrated... I appear to have become stuck at the same place I do when regularly painting something. It looked much better than the image posted here but it was still ugly. Hmm. I'm going to continue practicing my mesh-building and uv-mapping skills, but painting is still scary )

No comments:

Post a Comment