Monday, July 11, 2016

Dark Times: Slump City

It's been a busy couple weeks. I scanned probably 8 sketchbook pages for upload, but when I opened everything up to prepare them, they were't really good enough to put here. I'm just under halfway through my current sketchbook. I won't finish by the 18th (or 17th, I can't remember when I hit the month mark). So far, it's a bit of an embarrassment in there! I've been slumping pretty seriously in that department. I really want to push myself out of this soon.

In other news, independent study is going fine. Today marks the beginning of the 3rd week. The first week I spent working on a previously mentioned project for a client. Last week I finished the basic sculpt for my first character. This week I want to do a detail pass and extrude clothes and armor. It would be ideal to finish this guy so I could do a couple more, but this is going slower than I anticipated. Hopefully things pick up! Expect more of this guy soon, as well as stuff from the figure drawing class from first block.

Oh, as a sidenote, I'm using a great tutorial from Kurt Papstein's Gumroad. Check him out here. He's great!

2 comments:

  1. I want to see all your figure drawing sketches! I'm excited for that post. And I can't wait for you to clothe this naked 3D model. You know I love a nude demon as much as the next person but I want to see how you style this evil scamp. Keep going Zacher Cracker! You're doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see those sketches momentarily! I'm working on the post as we speak. And I should be finishing up the demon's cloaky thing soon. He also has a loincloth. The difficult part will the the hard angular armored surfaces. That's going to be last. I can't decide if I want to give him shoes yet.

      Thanks for the compliment!

      Delete