Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Dungeon delving and a confession

A guy going into the cave to get the trayshure.
And other sketchbook stuff from today:

 In this first one, I was trying to get the hands right for the guy at the top who was supposed to be holding a sword. In the process it inadvertently became JoJo-esque, with after images in an arc shape. I DID NOT DRAW THE BLACK AND WHITE IMAGE, I just placed it there so you could see what JoJo stuff I was talking about! Also, my sister was talking to me about tardigrades. She showed me a picture and I sketched one out. I thought it looked like a squatting dog and so I drew that too. Also a nude man.

Some perspective stuff and then working on the human head. I've been trying to figure this stuff out with the aid of some Gnomon tutorials. 

So yeah, confession time: I didn't draw at all yesterday. I have been a little lazy as far as posting goes this month, and yesterday I wasn't feeling great... Art has been slow and it has felt like I haven't been learning anything. I hope that growth is taking place but it's tough to see. But all that kind of came crashing down on my face and I just felt kind of poopy. I played video games for an hour or so and did some reading and was just kind of lazy in general. I'll try to do better. 
But now I have to go fold laundry and get ready for bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! I looked up what a tardigrade was. The things Iza comes up with. Where did she learn that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said a teacher at school! He wanted the mascot to be tardigrades! Ha.

      Delete