Saturday, March 29, 2014

BONUS: Here's that bathroom


It's comin' along. I need to do the kid and composite him in before doing a final sketch. I'm gonna start doing value as soon as I get the last sketch mapped in. I just opened it in Photoshop and dumped all the blue, leaving the red, which was supposed to represent my final lines. I don't like the front end of the toilet, the box on top the wall-mounted cabinet and the curve of the sword above the mirror. But I like tons of other stuff, which pleases me. The gun leaning against the tub is supposed to be a PSG1. It almost looks like one! When I was 12, I went to Japan. My host family and I played Metal Gear Solid probably four or five times through while I was there (which, by the way, was the most violent video game I had played at that point in my life. My mother probably would have killed me if she knew. Well, I guess she does now since I'm typing this here, but since I'm stronger than her now she probably couldn't kill me [unless she had a PSG1]). We were playing the Japanese edition  for our first couple playthroughs so all the voice acting was in Japanese. But the name PSG1 stuck with me because they used the English alphabet. So it has always held a special place in my heart. Basically what I'm saying is that there's a PSG1 in the bathroom here because it elicits fond memories of my time in Japan, and how I bonded with people because we all spoke the language of videogames. 

So there ya go. After work, my goal for the day is to draw the kid and redraw the whole thing with him in there in preparation for adding the value, which I'll start today and finish Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment