Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stuff from today

Planning on adding a background to this when I get home from work tonight... My lack of environment/background is kind of an issue, I'd wager.


These were from my sketchbook today, I might try taking these further if I get some time. I have a bunch of stuff to try to finish before Fall semester starts again (Sharkman, Wizzard, Dome-i-cile, and one where I'm placing the Wizzard in an environment [that you haven't seen yet! Nyah, nyah nyah nyah!{There's no need to be such a clown, don't taunt our audience! - Ed.}]) and I don't want to overwhelm my feeble mind.



6 comments:

  1. I like the details around his head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really want to just get in there and do tons of detail but I'm afraid the details have to come last.

      Delete
  2. I love the telephone poles on his head!! HA! And I like that he's happy and smiling. Did they build him to be their city's guardian? Or was he a living thing beforehand and they decided to set up residence upon his noble brow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide. He's a friendly robot, and I'll go more into this later, but this walking village comes in contact with hostiles and he has to simultaneously battle those guys without letting his city get scraped off or punched. As far as origin goes, I'm torn between the two things you mentioned. Like, was he walking along and saw the poor helpless people and scooped them up to take care of them and protect them from threats on the ground? Or did they build him to defend himself? I'm workin' on it, workin' on it. What works better?

      Delete
    2. I think I like him sauntering along, minding his own business when he stumbles upon a small city. He grows to love the people (maybe he bonds with their president?) and decides to be their protector because they are in danger of attack! He'll be like the peoples Godzilla! He'll be there to make sure the goodies come out on top.

      Delete
    3. But I don't want it to be the Iron Giant. I don't know what to do!

      Delete