Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Whatever, it's just whatever, get out

Today I drew a million trillion legs from the front and back. I printed out some reference this morning so I'd have something to look at while I spent 3 hours in my biology class. I got to school and took some biology quizzes (seven outta ten and nine outta ten, respectively) and then printed the outline for class so I'd be ready. I had about a half hour before class started so I opened my bag to find my reference so I could get started on the legs. It wasn't there. I freakin' left it at home. I didn't want to type anything into Google for fear I'd get something nsfw and the librarian would push me down the stairs from the top floor of the building. But I decided I really wanted reference so I went and found something anyway and didn't get anything filthy in my web search. But I was basically out of time so I went to class. I sat down and pulled out my notebook and outline and then opened my sketchbook. I found the piece of reference I just printed out. Also the one from this morning that I thought I didn't have. Argh. I should have known I was so efficient and would have put my reference in there. 

I also bumped into Thomas today and told him I'd put a character in a background. I'm sorry, Thomas. I lied. But I did try and it looked ridiculous. 

Here's a thing I'm working on (And looking at it now I didn't really apply anything I learned about legs today to this):


I'm kinda cranky about it because sometimes I know how to paint digitally. Other times it just doesn't work. Today was one of those days. Tomorrow will be better. I just hope I don't have nightmares about leg muscles because I spent about 4 or 5 hours drawing legs today. Hahaha!

4 comments:

  1. I like him and his little Mexican serape. He looks so great, but you're right, he has awesome definition all over except after his thighs he seems to lose any detail or definition. His sallow alien face holds a certain appeal, I must say.

    And I'm sorry you had a rough day of drawing. I'm glad you spent so much time on legs though, it going to show itself in something you do soon, I'm positive of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go over everything, there's a lot to fix. Especially his legs.

      Delete
  2. I skip looking at your blog for like ... 3 days ... and you have something awesome like this waiting for mine eyes!! Digital(heartfelt)candy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Just wait, though. After I make some tweaks/adjustments it should be even BETTER. I had Stewart Craig and Erik (?) take a look at it. It will be marvelous.

      Delete